This is the moment an intruder who announced he was ‘The King’ is handcuffed and put into the back of a police van after being caught roaming around St James’s Palace.
Andrew Parrott, 57, appeared unreactive in bodycam footage worn by police as he was firmly scolded for trespassing on the grounds of the London residence of several royals, including Princess Anne, Princess Alexandra and Princess Beatrice.
When he was first questioned by officers why he was roaming the royal grounds after being seen on CCTV, he answered that he was ‘the King’, Westminster Magistrates Court previously heard.
A video of his arrest shows the intruder responding ‘yeah’ as a police officer relayed to him that he had been seen on camera ringing doorbells, turning door handles, before trying to gain entry to another part of the palace and the Queen’s Chapel.
After being told he would be taken into custody for his crimes, Parrott simply replies: ‘Alright’, before being handcuffed and marched into the back of a police van outside the most senior royal palace built by Henry VIII.
The royal grounds located in the City of Westminster, just a stone’s throw away from The Mall, are a designated protected site, and it is a criminal offence to enter without permission.
Representing himself at magistrates’ court last Thursday because he claimed he was unable to apply for legal aid in time, Parrott, of Luton, admitted to trespass on a protected site on June 21, 2025.
When asked why he claimed to be the monarch, Parrott said he was ‘confused’ and ‘unaware of his actions’.
Sentencing, District Judge Sam Goozee said: ‘You need to understand trespassing on this site is a very serious offence.
Andrew Parrott, 57 (pictured) was seen on the ground of St James’s Palace before he was confronted by police
He appeared unreactive in bodycam footage worn by police as he was firmly scolded and put into a police van for trespassing on the grounds of the London residence of several royals
Before his arrest, officers asked why he was on the royal ground,s to which he responded that he was ‘the King’ (Pictured: General view of St James’s Palace)
Last Thursday, at Westminster Magistrates Court, Parrott, of Luton, admitted to trespass on a protected site on June 21, 2025
‘Protected sites are there to protect our national security, the government, and in this case, the royal family.’
The judge also asked Parrott three times as to why he wanted access to the royal grounds.
The 57-year-old said he used to reside in a ‘property of significant heritage’ and had also knocked on the palace door in the past.
When Judge Goozee pressed him on why he would want to knock on a royal palace door, Parrott said: ‘Curiosity.’
Meanwhile, the 57-year-old maintained it was a ‘one-off incident’ and that there was ‘no criminal intent’.
The judge said: ‘It was criminal, your intention to find a door, meaning you were trying to gain access.’
He also added it was concerning that the only explanation Parrott had given for his actions was curiosity.
Noting that the trespasser was no longer homeless, the judge gave him a 12-month suspended prison sentence as well as an £85 fine.
Parrott has three previous convictions, including two counts of breaching a restraining order in 2023 and one count of harassment in 2022.
